Senior Leadership Jobs || Slough
Head of Science - Slough
Head of Science
Salary Scale: MPS + HoD TLR (£220-240 per day depending on experience and scale)
Start Date: September 2018
GSL education are currently seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner of Chemistry, Biology or Physics, who can successfully lead a team and raise the profile of Science across the school. The role is a permanent contract commencing on September 2018.
The role is at a comprehensive secondary school located in Slough. The school is mixed gender, graded ‘Good’ by OFSTED in 2017. The school has onsite car parking and is also situated near to Slough train station.
As such, we are looking for a Head of Science who can provide professional leadership and management of Science, ensuring the department delivers high quality teaching across the school effectively using the resources available and aiming to raise standards of learning and achievement for all students.
The school offers a range of CPD opportunities to support the successful applicant. The school is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students.
This is an excellent opportunity for a well-qualified, suitably experienced and enthusiastic Science teacher to further develop his/her leadership and management skills in preparation for future leadership roles. If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students of this school, then we are keen to hear from you.
This role will be paid in accordance to your MPS + HoD TLR.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified Science teacher (ideally PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS).
- Demonstrate recent experience as a Head of Science or that you are ready to take the next step up to HoD
- Be proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behaviour management strategies.
- Be experienced, enthusiastic and able to mentor and coach less experienced staff within the Science Faculty.
- Have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student attainment outcomes.
- Have a strong classroom presence and be able to model excellence in the classroom.
For more information on the Head of Science timetable, school and how to apply please contact Ryan at GSL education on 02077392211 or email at email@example.com